Posts Tagged ‘Splenda’
I’ve seen a drastic increase in hormone related illnesses in the last ten years. Unfortunately, no matter how clean our diet is, we can’t completely avoid all pollutants. Just in the last 3 months, I’ve seen 15 new female patients in their 20s. All of them got their first period between the ages of 8 and 10. All of them. This is just one symptom of how all the toxins and pollutants we’re exposed to are damaging all of us.
Some simple steps to minimize your risk
* Minimize or eliminate your consumption of:
-animal products (especially non-organic)
-sugar (real & fake)
* Avoid all plastic, especially in food packaging. See my blog post for more info.
* Do a liver cleanse at least once a year.
* Make sure you get plenty of healthy fats in daily. See my blog post for more info.
* Organic produce as much as possible. See my blog post for more info.
* Put a water filter on your taps and showers.
* Exercise that helps get your blood pumping & de-stressed 3-5 times per week.
* Have your hormones tested. If anything is off, you can naturally treat almost any imbalance.
* Get active. Whatever your political beliefs, we all what safe food, water, and air for ourselves and our children. Contact your state and federal representatives and let them know you vote and you want to see changes.
Live natural. Live well.
Do I Need to Detox?
I get asked this question a lot. Our bodies aren’t made to handle the amount of toxins we’re constantly exposed to. Toxin overload can lead to a whole host of illnesses and side effects. Take the quiz below to see if you need to do a cleanse.
- Do you eat processed foods, fast food and/or eat out regularly?
- Do you eat non-organic animal products and produce?
- Do you consume genetically altered foods?
- Do you eat foods containing hydrogenated oil?
- Do you or have you used artificial sweeteners (Nutrasweet/Aspartame, Splenda, Sweet n Low)?
- Do you eat foods containing preservatives, additives, dyes, or sweeteners?
- Do you charbroil or grill foods?
- Do you drink coffee, soda or alcohol regularly?
- Do you drink unfiltered tap water?
- Do you use a microwave?
- Do you microwave/cook/store food in plastic containers?
If the majority of your answers are yes, then your diet contributes significantly to your toxic load. Most likely, you’re also exposed to other irritants such as pollution, cigarette smoke, dry cleaning fluids, cosmetics and beauty products, exhaust fumes, cleaners, and medications.
You might want to consider detoxing, if you’re experiencing any of the following:
Reduced mental clarity
Not all cleanses are created equal. Many of my patients try one, that ‘everyone’ is doing with no results. Sometimes, they even feel worse. It’s important to have a qualified physician help you find one that is right for you. When done correctly, the results can be life changing. And remember, if you go back to your old habits once you’ve completed a cleanse, the benefits won’t last. I see a lot of people go through the effort, but don’t change their lifestyle. I highly recommend avoiding unhealthy foods and products to guarantee long lasting results.
Live natural. Live well.