Posts Tagged ‘Live natural live well’
What’s the first suggestion I give to all my patients? Drink lemon water first thing in the morning. Even better? Sip on lemon water through out the day. For those of you who don’t like to drink water, lemon is the perfect addition to a ‘plain’ glass of water. No need for soda, sugared drinks or overly sweet juices.
The Benefits of Lemon
*Aids in absorption of water and hydrates the lymphatic system.
* Mini detox to support the liver’s ability to flush out toxins.
* Alkalizes the body leading to less inflammation and disease
* Stimulates metabolism, especially helpful for those prone to constipation.
* High in vitamin C. There are approximately 28 mg in one lemon, which is close to half of what you need in a day to maintain a strong immune system and youthful skin.
What could be simpler? Squeezing half or a whole lemon in a glass of water or over your fresh salad has so many fitness promoting properties. A lemon a day truly keeps the doctor away.
Live natural. Live well.
You might have heard that your liver is in charge of filtering out toxins. But did you know your liver is also in charge of filtering out anger and resentment? It’s true. In Chinese medicine, each organ has an emotion or emotions that affect it. If you don’t release or process what you’re feeling, it starts to cause internal imbalances. The liver is weakened or compromised by anger, resentment, frustration, and/or stress. Experience any of those lately? In the last week? In the last hour?
If you are stressed out or frustrated about your job, you might be experiencing some physical symptoms related to your mental health.
Symptoms that can manifest from suppressing your anger.
* High blood pressure, PMS, headaches
* Vertigo, hair loss, & blurry vision
* Muscle spasms & ringing in the ears
* Crave sour tasting foods, dizziness, & red eyes
Avoiding anger and stress is pretty much impossible unless you live in a cave. But you can do something about it. How you deal with it is key. One of those ways is through the foods you eat. Chinese nutrition gives very detailed guidelines on what to eat when needing emotional support.
Foods to Eat
* Beets, apple cider vinegar, & dill
* Broccoli, pine nuts, & mustard greens
* Romaine lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, & cauliflower
* Basil, mint, cabbage, peaches, strawberries, & quinoa
So instead of going through PMS hell, try the above foods instead. Find ways to simplify your life. Maybe take up yoga or meditation. A kickboxing class might be just the trick. Most importantly, acknowledge and accept your what you’re feeling. Don’t suppress or ignore it, even if it’s uncomfortable. You’ll not only feel your mood lift, but any physical ailments will start to disappear.
Live natural. Live well.