Posts Tagged ‘gluten’
The incidence of food allergies is on the rise. Mostly likely you or someone close to you suffers from some level of food sensitivities. Many of my patients come in for this very problem. Many of them don’t realize allergies might be causing or contributing to other health issues. (See list below.)
Why is this increase occurring?
I’ve found through research and clinical experience different reasons. A few of them include:
1- Over-consumption of or too early exposure (under 6) to high allergen foods.
2- Genetically modified foods.
3- Side effects of certain vaccines.
4- Weakened immunity, if not breast-fed or exposed to high allergen foods through breast milk.
5- Overuse of antibiotics- either as medication or in non-organic animal products.
Eight foods or groups of foods cause about 90% of all food allergies.
* Dairy products
* Shellfish (shrimp, crab, lobster)
* Fish (tuna, salmon, cod, halibut)
* Tree nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts)
One of the tricky things about food allergies is that they don’t always show up how you’d expect. Not everyone responds with an upset stomach, digestive complaints, or fatigue after eating. This is not something many doctors know, unfortunately and they may be slow to diagnose.
Food allergy symptoms
• Digestive: Diarrhea, Gas, Abdominal Pain, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Gallstones, Leaky Gut Syndrome, Celiac Disease, Weight Gain
• Emotional: Depression, ADD/ADHD, Autism, Panic Attacks, Anxiety
• Skin: Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea,
• Immunity: Ear Infections, Asthma, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Frequent Flus & Colds
• Other: Infertility, Migraines & Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy
If you have any of the above health concerns, please consult a qualified physician for diagnosis and treatment. There is hope! Healing or minimizes food allergies is now possible. Abstaining from those foods, acupuncture/acupressure, detoxification, proper nutrition, and appropriate supplementation are a part of the protocol. Boosting your immune system, cleansing your body of toxins, and healing any damage done to your digestive tract from the exposure to allergen foods will bring you optimal wellness. The result will most likely be at minimum a reduction in allergy symptoms, and at best a complete elimination of your allergies.
Live natural. Live well.
The number of children with autism has gone from 1 in 10,00 in 1980 to 1 in 88 girls and 1 in 54 boys today. Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disability with a growth rate of 1,148%. The numbers are staggering. Some of this because of diagnosing has gotten better. But most of the increase is due to the toxins to which we and our children are exposed.
Many parents come to me after their child has already been diagnosed. Most autistic children develops at a healthy rate, and then ‘suddenly’, their behavior changes drastically.
Some of the symptoms include:
- Digestive issues
- Increased pain threshold
- Lack of attention and difficulty making eye contact
- Issues with non-verbal communication
- Lacking in verbal communication skills
- Poor immune responses
- Problems with social relationships
- Obsessive attachments to certain objects
- Sensory integration problems
- Poor behavior, whining, or tantrums
- Poor Detoxification
- Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Inflamed Gut and Microbial Imbalance
- Food Allergies
- Nutritional Deficiencies
What you can do
- Have your child tested for heavy metal poisoning, food allergies, and gut health.
- Put your child on an allergy elimination diet.
- Avoid vaccines, especially those containing mercury.
- Avoid amalgam/silver fillings, as these contain mercury.
- Avoid all toxic cleaning and beauty products.
- Feed your family organic, non-genetically modified foods.
- Receive acupuncture/acupressure treatments along with herbal medicine.
- Research what supplements will help your child.
I can help your autistic child with any of the above steps to have a healthier, more fulfilling life. There is hope.
Live natural. Live well.