Posts Tagged ‘food sensitives’
The incidence of food allergies is on the rise. Mostly likely you or someone close to you suffers from some level of food sensitivities. Many of my patients come in for this very problem. Many of them don’t realize allergies might be causing or contributing to other health issues. (See list below.)
Why is this increase occurring?
I’ve found through research and clinical experience different reasons. A few of them include:
1- Over-consumption of or too early exposure (under 6) to high allergen foods.
2- Genetically modified foods.
3- Side effects of certain vaccines.
4- Weakened immunity, if not breast-fed or exposed to high allergen foods through breast milk.
5- Overuse of antibiotics- either as medication or in non-organic animal products.
Eight foods or groups of foods cause about 90% of all food allergies.
* Dairy products
* Shellfish (shrimp, crab, lobster)
* Fish (tuna, salmon, cod, halibut)
* Tree nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts)
One of the tricky things about food allergies is that they don’t always show up how you’d expect. Not everyone responds with an upset stomach, digestive complaints, or fatigue after eating. This is not something many doctors know, unfortunately and they may be slow to diagnose.
Food allergy symptoms
• Digestive: Diarrhea, Gas, Abdominal Pain, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Gallstones, Leaky Gut Syndrome, Celiac Disease, Weight Gain
• Emotional: Depression, ADD/ADHD, Autism, Panic Attacks, Anxiety
• Skin: Eczema, Psoriasis, Rosacea,
• Immunity: Ear Infections, Asthma, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Frequent Flus & Colds
• Other: Infertility, Migraines & Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy
If you have any of the above health concerns, please consult a qualified physician for diagnosis and treatment. There is hope! Healing or minimizes food allergies is now possible. Abstaining from those foods, acupuncture/acupressure, detoxification, proper nutrition, and appropriate supplementation are a part of the protocol. Boosting your immune system, cleansing your body of toxins, and healing any damage done to your digestive tract from the exposure to allergen foods will bring you optimal wellness. The result will most likely be at minimum a reduction in allergy symptoms, and at best a complete elimination of your allergies.
Live natural. Live well.