Posts Tagged ‘coca cola’
Coca Cola, Pepsi , Mountain Dew, Sprite. You name it. I’m not a fan. Patients and loved ones often wonder why I’m so against drinking soda. One can of Coke has the equivalent of 10 teaspoons of sugar. 10. Almost 13 billion gallons of cola were consumed in the U.S. last year. That’s 130 billion teaspoons of sugar just from drinking colas. High sugar content is just one of the reasons I recommend avoiding soft drinks.
* Phosphorus- weakens bones and decays teeth. A major contributor to osteoporosis.
* Formaldehyde. Yes. An ingredient in plywood and fungicides. A known carcinogen.
* High fructose corn syrup- Increases body fat, cholesterol, diabetes risk,and triglycerides. Also stimulates appetite.
* Fake sugars. Known to be neurotoxic, carcinogenic, and damage optic nerve. More info.
* Food dyes and coloring- linked to hyperactivity, impairment of brain function, lack of impulse control, cancer.
* A diuretic. Makes you pee and dehydrates you. Leading to fatigue, headaches, constipation, irritability, rapid heart rate, and more.
I hope now you’re looking for healthier options. But still feel you need the sugar and caffeine boost?
For bubbles- kombucha or sparkling water with lemon or lime
Energy- chlorophyll rich foods- sea vegetables, spinach, kale,
parsley, cilantro, blue-green algae, sprouts, wheatgrass.
Sugar buzz- the best source. Nature’s finest. Fruit.
Next time your thirsty or looking for more energy, have a water and a smile.
Live natural. Live well.