Posts Tagged ‘breast cancer’
So you’ve gotten the big C diagnosis. Now what? Whether you decide or not to go with Western treatments- surgery, chemotherapy, and/or radiation, Chinese medicine and nutrition should be a part of your healing plan.
Chinese medicine can help with any cancer related symptoms and side effects associated with chemotherapy and radiation, including: nausea/vomiting, burns, weakened immunity, stress, anxiety, detoxification, pain, bruising, hair loss, skin issues, hot flashes, fatigue, digestive issues, loss of appetite, and anemia.
You don’t have to take my word for it. Even the National Institutes of Health (NIH) has proven that acupuncture used on cancer patients improved their immune system response. Their studies also showed that acupuncture reduced pain levels in some cancer patients. Clinical trials performed all over the world have determined that acupuncture reduces nausea and vomiting caused by chemo and anesthesia.
What can you do?
Eat & Drink
* Immune boosting- astralgus root, probiotics, lemon, aloe vera, bell pepper, kiwi
* Nausea- ginger, mint, dry crackers, apples
* Calming- beets, radish, carrots, yams, melons
* Detoxifying- dandelion greens, cucumber, kale, beets, seaweed, tumeric, garlic
* Sugar- cancer loves to feed on sugar.
* Dairy- casein, which is a milk protein, encourages tumor growth.
* Non- organic- pesticides and steroids cause and promote cancer.
Most importantly, do what makes you happy. Find support from people who will keep you on track. All experts agree that having a positive outlook on your diagnosis and treatment is vital to recovery.
These tips are meant for prevention as well. Whether or not you’ve gotten diagnosed with cancer, you can use this opportunity to take charge of your health and even come back healthier than ever before.
Live natural. Live well.