What is all this hype about vitamin D deficiency? It’s sort of the new health trend. Most doctors didn’t test for it or even ask about D until a couple of years ago.
So why is there such a problem?
First, if you live north of Los Angeles on the west coast or Florida on the east coast, you can’t get enough D from the sun in winter. If you:
* Work indoors
* Always wear sunblock
* Avoid going out in the sun
* Are over 60
Vitamin D is responsible for your immune system, bone & heart health, reducing cancer risk, muscle flexibility, and mood elevation. The agreed upon intake amount per day is 2,000 IU.
Signs that you might be vitamin D deficient.
* Osteoporosis or arthritis
* Poor memory
* Fractured or broken bones
* Weak or sore muscles
* Autoimmune disease
* Prostate cancer
* Frequent colds
Sources of Vitamin D
* Sunlight with out sunblock 5-30 minutes per day on arms and legs
* Take a vegan D3 supplement
* Mushrooms, especially shiitake
* Fortified organic soymilk
Have you doctors check your vitamin D levels, especially if you’re experiencing any symptoms mentioned above. Get outside and enjoy a little sun. It does the body good.
Live natural. Live well.