Want to stay healthy this holiday season? No colds or flus. No gaining ten pounds that never seem to come off. Sound impossible? Not at all. Let’s do it differently this year. If you’ve been following my posts for a while, you know I’m all about prevention. Once you’ve gained the weight or gotten sick, it’s much harder to recover than not going through it at all.
Here are a few helpful tips to be in top shape the whole year.
1) Take at least 500 mg of vitamin C a day.
2) Eat garlic- It’s a natural antibiotic and tastes delicious.
3) Sweat- It’s a great way to get toxins out.
4) Dab your wrists or neck with lavender oil, because it has antibiotic properties.
5) Eat before going to parties. Fill up on healthier options before being tempted to eat only sugar, white bread, and animal products.
6) Contribute some healthy options of your own to holiday meals.
7) Take a B complex for hangover prevention.
8) Let yourself totally enjoy when you are indulging. Feeling guilty releases stress hormones leading to weight gain. So, if you’re going to have one too many cocktails or that second piece of pie, just accept it and enjoy every bite. Not that I’m condoning doing this, but we all know it’s going to happen.
9) Drink a glass of water after each alcoholic beverage.
10) Get moving. It’ll help keep the weight off, reduce stress, and boost your immunity. Walk. If you live where it’s too cold and wet to get outside or even to the gym. Run up and down your stairs a few times. Do some jumping jacks. Buy a mini trampoline and jump for 20 minutes.
See how simple and fun prevention can be? Start a new holiday tradition this year. The tradition of health.
Live natural. Live well.